Professional Divorce and Family Mediator, Founder of Detente Mediation Services, LLC in Colleyville, Texas
Stacey's pioneering work as a thought leader and legal change maker in creating and developing team collaborative divorce mediation has earned her acknowledgment by her peers as one of the Best Lawyers in America each year since 2012, and recognition at the highest level as Credentialed Distinguished Mediator by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association. Stacey is a founding member, a Certified Advanced Practitioner, and has longstanding leadership roles in the Academy of Professional Family Mediators: President (2017), Vice President (2016), Secretary (2019), and Member of the Board of Directors (since 2013). She was honored to co-author the upcoming State Bar of Texas "Alternative Dispute Resolution Handbook" Family Mediation chapter, and was voted Top Attorney Mediator in Tarrant County.
In 2019 Stacey will celebrate her 30th year of practice in Texas as a successful civil and family trial lawyer, mediator, and collaborative practitioner. She believes now she is doing her best and most rewarding work by serving families with Detente's early collaborative team mediation which has been applauded by clients and praised by professionals. Read more about Stacey's credentials, qualifications, professional activities, and experience.
- Recognized at the highest level as a Distinguished Credentialed Mediator by the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association 2015 to present
- President of the Academy of Professional Family Mediators 2017
- Vice President of the Academy of Professional Family Mediators 2016
- Secretary of the Academy of Professional Family Mediators 2019
- Board of Directors of the Academy of Professional Family Mediators 2013 to present; Chair Membership; Public Education/Marketing
- Co-author, "Family Collaborative Mediation: The New Resolution Solution," The Texas Mediator, 2013
- Co-author, ADR Handbook for State Bar of Texas family mediation chapter (Feb. 2014)
- Member, Texas Association of Mediators 2014 to present
- Award of Distinguished Internship with internationally renowned mediator Forrest "Woody" Mosten (California, Sept. 2013) Press Release
- Presentation, "Collaborative Mediation", Academy of Professional Family Mediators, Denver, Colorado, 2013
- Presentation, "Imago Techniques in Divorce Mediation," Imago International Relationship Institute, Vancouver, BC, 2012
Linda and Stacey are Detente's original co-mediator team. Linda is a Masters-degreed therapist in private practice with over twenty-eight years' experience specializing in work with couples. She has been a leader among mental health professionals in her local community, and has extensive training and experience in collaborative divorce and mediation. Linda is also a certified Imago therapist.
She adapted dynamic Imago communication techniques for Detente's couples to give them a new way to talk to and hear each other. She and Stacey presented these techniques to mental health professionals at the Imago Relationship Institute's international conference in Vancouver, BC in 2012. Linda and Stacey also presented the Detente collaborative mediation model at the Academy of Professional Family Mediators' conference in Denver in 2013. Read more about Linda's credentials, professional activities, and experience.
*Stacey Langenbahn and Linda Miller-deBerard are independent professionals.