Détente mediation is private, confidential, and voluntary. We offer an innovative approach that is much healthier, family-friendly, and affordable than custody or divorce litigation.
With Détente, you choose your team. We are the only ones in Texas who do what we do. A neutral mediating family law attorney skillfully guides married, never married, same sex, and post divorce couples and parents over legal, financial, and emotional hurdles to build mutually acceptable agreements that are well-informed and legally binding. If you wish, tap the expertise of a financial, child, parenting, or counseling professional in Detente's resource network. Détente offers a sensible alternative to the adversarial two lawyer divorce system for couples and parents who want to stay in control of their family's future and make their own decisions in divorce, separation, or reconciliation. At Détente over ninety-five percent of clients successfully reach agreement on all their issues.
During the most difficult times in their lives, Détente’s clients have the support and guidance they need to make best choices, achieve best outcomes, and preserve best future relationships. Secure, online Texas divorce mediation by live, interactive video conference is also now available.
Detente Exclusive: Not too late for the May to August divorce. Read more
Urgent: Alimony Tax Law Change - to deduct alimony/spousal maintenance you must finalize divorce by December 31, 2018!! Read more
- Divorce / Alimony / Property Division
- Marriage Separation
- Child Custody / Parenting Plan
- Marriage Reconciliation
- Child Support, Medical/Dental
- Post-Divorce Issues
- Team: an impartial family lawyer and any other professionals you need help you gather information; explore options; and negotiate equitable agreements
- Negotiation and Communication: learn how to negotiate, talk with, and hear each other like never before
- Resolution: utilize the five critical steps to finding T.R.U.C.E. and reaching personalized solutions