Families Moving Forward in COVID: Detente Mediation's professional divorce and family mediator, Stacey Langenbahn, J.D., guides spouses and parents in a few months from the first meeting through the end of their court process to successfully negotiate educated and well-informed divorce, custody, and child and spousal support agreements, and to move forward with their lives even during the incredible challenges of COVID-19. With Stacey's professional support Detente Mediation's clients consistently have received judges’ approval and signatures on divorce decrees and/or custody orders without an in person hearing or lawyers' involvment, even while the courts are closed or re-opening. Those unlucky enough to begin with opposing lawyers in contested cases necessarily will suffer significant delay from the year long court closures. Instead, join me, Stacey Langenbahn, J.D., a Texas Credentialed Distinguished Mediator and Texas attorney for over 30 years to learn how I can help each of you find peace too. Click the orange button above to request a free consultation and read below for more information about Detente Mediation's unique services and pricing.
Detente Exclusive: the "May to August" Divorce or Child Custody Read more
Détente Mediation's Texas divorce, child custody, and child and spousal support mediations are private, confidential, and voluntary. Detente Mediation is the only one in Texas to do what we do. Stacey Langenbahn, J.D. is a specially trained professional divorce and child custody mediator and a licensed Texas attorney of 30 years who helps couples and parents understand the law, keep children safely out of the middle, amicably and intelligently divorce, resolve children's custody and child support - and even Texas alimony - whether or not they choose to have independent lawyers.
Detente Mediation's approach is much healthier, family-friendly, and affordable than custody or divorce litigation and other kinds of mediation. The professional divorce attorney-mediator provides complete legal information, but does not represent either party or take sides. Stacey Langenbahn, J.D. skillfully leads married, never married, and post divorce couples and parents over legal, financial, and emotional hurdles to build mutually acceptable divorce, support, and child custody agreements that are legally binding when both sign a valid mediated settlement agreement.
Detente mediation is a sensible alternative to the adversarial two lawyer divorce system for couples and parents who want to stay in control of their family's future and make their own decisions in divorce, separation, or even marital reconciliation.
At Détente Mediation over ninety-five percent of clients successfully reach early agreement on all their issues. With Stacey Langenbahn, J.D.'s professional divorce attorney-mediator's step by step instructions and guidance, many self-represented clients incorporate their divorce and child custody agreements into the excellent, publically available, free Texas divorce forms and present them to the judge themselves. Each client still has the option, if they chose, to engage peacemaking (not problem causing) divorce attorneys for "unbundled" legal services to review their mediated settlement agreement, and to draft and submit to the judge customized decrees and orders. Either way, Detente Mediation's clients save money and time by building agreements from the beginning in mediation rather than starting with divorce lawyers in litigation and mediating at a late stage near the time of a final trial.
During the most difficult times in their lives, Détente Mediation’s clients receive the education, support, and guidance they need to make best choices, achieve best outcomes, and preserve best future relationships for their families and children.
Secure, online, Texas divorce tele-mediation by live, interactive video conference over Zoom is also now available for Texas spouses and parents no matter where they are in Texas, the United States, or the world.
- Divorce / Alimony / Property Division
- Marriage Separation
- Child Custody / Parenting Plan
- Marriage Reconciliation
- Child Support, Medical/Dental
- Post-Divorce Issues
How We Do It
- Team Resources (if desired): Stacey Langenbahn, J.D. takes the lead to guide each of you to understand the law; gather information; explore options; negotiate equitable, legally binding agreements; and complete and submit all court paperwork for judge's approval while still representing yourselves or using attorneys of your own. If you wish, tap the expertise of any neutral financial, tax, counseling, special needs trust, or parenting professionals in Detente's resource network. Each and every professional is independent and has his or her own business. None shares fees with Detente Mediation.
- Negotiation and Communication: Learn proven strategies and tips to best talk with and hear each other to find alternaitives and compromise without giving in.
- Resolution: Utilize five critical steps to T.R.U.C.E. to build personalized, enduring, agreements that work for everyone.
- Affordability: Stacey Langenbahn, J.D. charges for mediation by the hour on a sliding fee scale that addresses each family's individual circumstances and budget.
- Good Faith Estimate: In a free consultation Stacey will provide a good faith estimate of the total length of time and cost of mediation specifically for your family. Please click the free consultation button above to request yours today or call (817) 283-5100 to set up an appointment. Thank you!