Families Moving Forward in COVID-19: Even though the courts are closed and the backlog grows, Detente Mediation's professional divorce and family mediator guides spouses and parents, in a few short months from start to finish, to successfully negotiate divorce, custody, and child and spousal support agreements, and complete and efile court paperwork for judges’ approval. Join Stacey via safe and secure telemediation over Zoom to learn how you can do it too. Click the button above for a free consultation.
Détente's Texas divorce, child custody, and child and spousal support mediations are private, confidential, and voluntary. We are the only ones in Texas who do what we do. A specially trained professional divorce mediator who is also a licensed Texas attorney of 30 years helps couples and parents understand the law, keep children safely out of the middle, amicably and intelligently divorce, resolve children's custody and child support - and even Texas alimony - with or without divorce lawyers.
Detente's team approach is much healthier, family-friendly, and affordable than custody or divorce litigation and other kinds of mediation. The professional divorce attorney-mediator provides legal information, but does not represent either party or take sides as she skillfully guides married, never married, and post divorce couples and parents over legal, financial, and emotional hurdles to build mutually acceptable divorce and custody agreements that are well-informed and legally binding.
Detente mediation is a sensible alternative to the adversarial two lawyer divorce system for couples and parents who want to stay in control of their family's future and make their own decisions in divorce, separation, or even marital reconciliation.
At Détente over ninety-five percent of clients successfully reach early agreement on all their issues. With the professional divorce attorney-mediator's step by step instructions and guidance, many self-represented clients incorporate their divorce and child custody agreements into the excellent, publically available, free Texas divorce forms and present them to the judge themselves. Each client still has the option, if they chose, to engage peacemaking (not problem causing) divorce attorneys for "unbundled" legal services to review their mediated settlement agreement, and to draft and submit to the judge customized decrees and orders. Either way, Detente's clients save money and time by building agreements from the beginning in mediation rather than starting with divorce lawyers in litigation.
During the most difficult times in their lives, Détente’s clients receive the education, support, and guidance they need to make best choices, achieve best outcomes, and preserve best future relationships.
Secure, online, Texas divorce tele-mediation by live, interactive video conference over Zoom is also now available for Texas spouses and parents no matter where they are in Texas, the United States, or the world.
- Divorce / Alimony / Property Division
- Marriage Separation
- Child Custody / Parenting Plan
- Marriage Reconciliation
- Child Support, Medical/Dental
- Post-Divorce Issues
- Team Resources: Stacey takes the lead to guide each of you to understand the law; gather information; explore options; negotiate equitable, legally binding agreements; and complete and submit all court paperwork for judge's approval while still representing yourselves or using attorneys of your own. If you wish, tap the expertise of any neutral financial, tax, counseling, special needs trust, or parenting professionals in Detente's resource network. Each and every professional is independent and none shares fees with Detente Mediation.
- Negotiation and Communication: Learn proven strategies and tips to best talk with and hear each other to find compromise.
- Resolution: Utilize five critical steps to T.R.U.C.E. to build personalized, enduring, agreements that work for everyone.